Sunday, February 26, 2006

As I was putting my shoes on after salat il ishaa, I over-heard a conversation four little elementary girls were having. Three of them seemed to be making fun of the fourth one’s overcoat. That fourth girl was a little on the pudgy side and she just stood there trying to fit in with the others. The three little girls eventually left. I pretended it was taking me a long time to put on my shoes because I got a little curious of what would happen to the fourth girl. To my surprise, she took off her jacket and went outside holding it in her hand. Outside in the cold weather. I was wearing three layers and I thought it was freezing. I was shivering. But that eight-year-old girl was so influenced by these words that were told to her that it didn’t matter to her whether or not it was cold. Just because of a few simple words. SubhanAllah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

peer pressure ... what can i say

5:11 p.m., February 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go to the masjid to pray salat il ishaa?
mashallah thats really good

6:58 p.m., February 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have talked to her. Made her feel better about herself.

2:41 a.m., March 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home